Lean protein, such as ground turkey provides skin with the building blocks for collagen and elastin, the fibers that help skin look firm and wrinkle free. Research also shows that the levels of zinc and niacin in ground turkey may also help treat inflammatory acne.
Your next cookout will also help your complexion if you serve this surprising take on a hamburger.
Turkey Burgers With Mango and Avocado Salsa
1 pound turkey, ground
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper, black, ground
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 large egg
1/2 cup bread crumbs, whole wheat
1 medium mango, peeled, seeded, and diced
1 medium pepper, red bell, diced
1 medium avocado, peeled, seeded, and diced
1 Tbsp sugar, white, granulated
2 Tbsp vinegar, white wine
1 Tbsp oil, olive
1/2 tsp salt
2 whole hamburger buns, whole wheat
1. Place turkey in a large mixing bowl. Add in salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion, egg, and bread crumbs and mix thoroughly being careful not to over mix.
2. Form turkey mixture into 4 patties.
3. Cook patties over medium heat in a lightly-oiled frying pan or on a lightly-oiled grill.
4. Cook for 5-10 minutes per side, until cooked through and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
5. As the burgers cook, prepare the salsa by combining the mango, pepper, avocado, sugar, vinegar, oil, and salt in a medium bowl. Toss to combine.
6. Place burgers open-faced on top of half of a bun. Top with salsa and serve.